Friday, December 19, 2008

Building Some Hurting Bombs

There's a moment in the last Rocky movie where Duke tells Rocky that they can't match speed with their opponent, so they'll have to "build some hurting bombs" instead. Power.

That's what I want. Power AND Speed. Strength and Toughness.

This blog will serve as a record of my steps in that direction, and with luck and hard work, act as a transition into the beginnings of a fitness community in the Metro West area.

A little bit about me:
I'm 34 years old, a longtime casual athlete (high school sports, gym here and there, stints on one bodypart per day Weider workouts) and current Crossfit athlete out of CFB. My wife and I recently had our first child, a beautiful one month-old boy, and I've probably gained about 15 pounds over the last year. My near-term goal, fitness wise, is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 35 in July of 2009. I'll measure that progress via attention to bodyweight, body fat %, energy levels, health, and performance on benchmark Crossfit workouts.

My longer-term goal is to attract and build a community of like-minded individuals in the Metro West area: men and women dedicated to the pursuit of health, fitness, and progress via individual and team-based workouts and attention to putting the right fuel into our bodies.

I'm happy to have you along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment