As a followup to last month's entry on effective failure: we back squatted for triples at CFB today; my ability to focus confidently on sitting back into the squats at weights of 255 and then 265 pushed me towards attempting a 10 pound jump to 275 (my previous one-rep max) for my 5th working set.
Further confident that an effective failure at 275 would still likely mean I'd hit two reps of the triple, I hit the triple with as (properly) tight a lower back as I can remember having on a max effort squat. Depth may have been a little shallow on the second rep, but my spotters and coach thought it was pretty solid. I'm happy with it and happier still that the end result felt like the product of hard and smart work. Failing forward!
WoD
noon CFB
warmup: 3x10 PVC overhead squats, good mornings, ring dips, pullups, situps
WoD: Back squats 5 sets, 3 reps, start w/88% of 1 rep max and work to 92-95% of that weight--used 235, 255, 260, 265, 275
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment