Had a little extra cheese and 2 zone bars late last night, so we open meal those two slips--leaves us with one open meal left for the week and that's slated for tomorrow's lunch. If I can stick that strictly to Zoning in this first week of the month, I'll be happy. Yeah, 100% compliance would be great but that goal's a bit lofty with some built-in open meal ops (my weekly work lunch, dinner with the in-laws).
But we can mitigate the extra carbs somewhat by programming a longer metcon for today, which would have been my instinct anyhow after the short, power-biased WoDs of the last two days.
Shed WoD #5: The 50 (modification of Crossfit's Filthy Fifty):
50 tuck jumps
50 jumping loft pullups
50 db swings, 40 lb
50 walking lunges (this should be fun in a tiny tiny shed--back and forth, back and forth)
50 knee raises from loft
50 push press, 40 lb db in one hand, 5 lb db in other--25 of 40 right, 5 left, 25 of 40 left, 5 right
50 supermans
50 thrusters, 40 lb db in one hand, 5 lb db in other--25 of 40 right, 5 left, 25 of 40 left, 5 right
50 burpees
50 tuck jumps
Notes: programming 50 burpees (ish) for the third straight day was pushing it a little bit; shoulder seized up 10 into the 50 and I called off on the burpees and finished with the tuck jumps. Knee raises from loft were a bit tough on the hands after the 50 jumping loft pullups, and I need to arrive at an accepted range of motion for those. Still, a tough WoD: 25:07 for the first 8 exercises plus 10 burpees, which was more or less the pace I was shooting for (3 minutes per exercise)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment