Received wisdom holds that it takes 21 days to disabuse oneself of a bad habit. Coincidentally, I'll be Zoning (16 blocks) for the next 3 weeks in anticipation of my Level 1 Crossfit Certification (and the 3 or 4 WoDs it holds) on March 14th and 15th.
It's now my belief that my main dietary stumbling block, the midnight snack, may be more of a (colossally) bad habit than a bodily signal: whether I take in 2000 calories or 4000 earlier in the day, I'll inevitably wake up after an hour or so of sleep primed to eat. And that sucks--food in the middle of the night equals insulin spike, growth hormone shutdown, and worst of all, the implicit high sign that one mouthful gives to the next. No one makes a good food decision standing in front of the fridge at two A.M.
So we're going to hit the midnight snack shutdown as hard as we hit the Zone over the next 21 days, and we'll see where that leaves us viz. performance at the Cert. I'm looking forward to that weekend's Fran.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment